1 bunch Spinach
2tbsp Toor dal (mashed)
1/2 Yellow Onion (chopped)
2 small Green Chilli (slit)
4-5 Curry leaves
2 Garlic pods (thinly sliced)
1 1/2tsp Cumin powder
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
2 dry red chilli
1 pinch Asafoetida
- Wash, rinse and chop the leaves.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chilli and asafoetida.
- Add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Then add curry leaves, garlic and green chilli and saute for 2 mins or until golden brown.
- Add the leaves and saute for a min. Then add cumin powder and cook for another min.
- Check salt for taste. Then switch off, add dal and mix well.
Serve hot with steamed rice or chapathi.