1/2 cup Organic Quinoa (pre-rinsed)
1/2 Red Onion (chopped)
2 Garlic pods (minced)
1tsp Ginger (minced)
1 Green Chilli (chopped)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1 pinch Black Cumin seeds
2 small Cloves
1 Cinnamon stick (1/2")
1 Black Cardamom
1 1/4 cup Water
- Heat oil in a sauce pan, add cumin seeds through cardamom.
- Then add ginger and garlic and saute for a min or until slightly brown.
- Add onions and green chilli along with salt and saute until tender.
- Now add turmeric powder and garam masala powder and saute for a min.
- Add rinsed quinoa, fry for a min, pour the water and mix well.
- Let it cook for 15 mins in a medium flame. Then switch off, close the lid and let stand for 5 mins.
- Finally, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with onion raita.