8oz Thin Spaghetti (Whole grain)
1/2 Yellow onion (diced)
1/2 Green Bell pepper (thinly sliced)
1 Carrot (thinly sliced)
2 Spring onions (chopped)
3 Garlic pods (minced)
1tbsp Chili Garlic sauce
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/4tsp dried Basil
1/4tsp dried Oregano
3 small Cloves
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1tbsp +1tsp Olive oil
3 cups Water
- Heat water in a sauce pan, when it comes to boil, add 1tsp oil along with salt, followed by the spaghetti.
- Cook uncovered for 7-8 mins or until al dente,continuously stirring.
- Drain the water in a colander and keep the spaghetti aside. (If possible, save the pasta stock.)
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet, add cloves and cumin seeds, when it splutters, add garlic and cook until slightly brown.
- Then add the carrots and saute for 3-4 mins, followed by onions and spring onions.
- Saute until tender and add green bell peppers along with a little salt and cook for 2 mins.
- Add dried basil and dried oregano, followed by garam masala powder and cook for another couple of mins.
- Now add the chili garlic sauce (acc to your taste increase/decrease the spiciness) and mix well.
- Reduce the flame, toss the cooked spaghetti with the vegetables and cook for 2 more mins, sprinkling either water or the pasta stock. Check salt for taste.
- Switch off and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with Roasted Onion & Garlic sauce over Spaghetti and Garlic Toast by the side.
Enjoy the Italian pasta with Indian twist.