3/4 cup Quinoa (pre-rinsed)
1/2 Yellow onion (chopped)
1 long green chilli (slit)
4-5 Curry leaves
1tsp Ginger (grated)
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1 cup Water
- Pressure cook the quinoa along with water and salt. (Just like white rice.)
- Remove and fluff it with a fork and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal.
- Then add onions along with salt and saute until tender.
- Add green chilli, ginger and curry leaves and saute for 3-4 mins.
- Then add the fluffed quinoa, mix well and cook for a couple of mins in a medium-low flame.
- Check salt for taste and switch off.
Serve warm with hot sauce/pickle/sugar.