1 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup Water
Wheat flour (for dusting)
Instead of rolling pin & flat tawa, you can also use Electric Chapathi maker.
- Mix salt and oil with the flour, then, slowly add water and knead resulting a non-sticky dough. (No need to rest the dough.) Divide the dough into equal parts.
- Dust flour on a flat surface, place the dough and with a rolling pin, make flattened-round shapes. (Roll it thin.)
- Heat the tawa/flat-bottomed pan, place the rolled roti and cook for 30 secs on both sides or until small bubbles starts to appear.
- Remove the tawa and set the chapathi-flopper on the flame, now, place the roti on top and cook until it raises like a balloon.(just like poori).
- Flip it and cook until browns slightly on both sides.
- Remove the phulka, apply ghee and place it in a container that retains the heat.
Serve hot with cauliflower chops or mashed potato curry.