1 cup Basmati rice (cooked)
1 cup grated Coconut (frozen-thawed)
1tsp Ginger (grated)
2 small Green chilli (chopped)
5-6 Curry leaves
3 dry red chillies (broken)
1tsp Mustard seeds
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tbsp Chana dal
1/2tbsp Urad dal
4-5 Cashews (optional)
1 pinch Asafoetida
2tbsp Coconut Oil
Cilantro (for garnish)
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil, add dry red chillies and mustard seeds, when it splutters, add cumin seeds and chana dal.
- Roast until it turns slightly brown, then add urad dal, cashews and roast'em.
- Add asafoetida and ginger, followed by green chilli and curry leaves. Also add salt.
- Now add the grated coconut and roast in a reduced flame till it turns slightly brown.
- Mix the cooked rice well and check salt for taste.
- Switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with chips or spicy potato roast.