1 cup Rava/Sooji
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1/2 cup Ghee
10 Cashews (broken)
1/2tsp Cardamom extract
1 Pinch food color
1 pinch Saffron (optional)
2 1/2 cups Water
1 pinch Salt
- Heat the ghee in a skillet, add the cashews and roast'em in low flame. (Don't be stringent on ghee)
- When it starts browning, add the rava slowly and roast'em until you get nice aroma and it gets cooked.
- Now add the sugar, mix well and roast for 2 mins.
- Then pour the water and make sure no lumps form. (You can also replace water with milk)
- Now, add the salt and food color, mix well and cook in medium flame. (Adding salt enhances the sweetness.)
- When the mixture starts to thicken, add the cardamom extract, saffron and cook till the perfect consistency.
- Reduce the flame, close the lid and cook for 3 more mins.
Serve the dessert hot or cold.