2 cups Rice flour
1tbsp Chana dal
1 1/2 cups Coconut (grated)
1/2 cup Water
- Heat a skillet and dry roast the rice flour at medium heat for few mins.
- In a bowl mix the roasted flour and salt together. Also mix 3/4 cup of grated coconut to the flour.
- Sprinkle water over the flour mixture and mix well. Now, try holding in your fist and make sure it doesn't break off.(perfect mixture)
- Mean while, microwave the chana dal for 3 mins with enough water.
- Drain the water, mix it up with the flour mixture and let it rest for 20 mins with lid closed.
- Now, fill a single layer coconut at the bottom of the puttu maker, followed by a fistful of flour mixture. Repeat this alternatively with the top layer as coconut and close the lid.
- Heat water in a pressure cooker and when it starts steaming, place the puttu maker in the place of the whistle.
- Cook until steam comes out of the puttu maker. This should take around 4-5 mins.
- Remove the puttu maker from the cooker, open the lid and push it out from the bottom with a stick.
Serve hot with kadalai curry or banana and sugar.