1 cup Basmati rice
1/2 cup Mint leaves
1/2 cup Cilantro
1/2 Yellow onion (Thinly sliced)
4 green chilli (small)
1tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1tsp Cumin seeds
1 inch Cinnamon stick
1 Bay leaf
1 Anistar whole (optional)
1 1/4 cup Water
- Soak the rice for 20 mins, drain'em and keep aside.
- Puree the mint, cilantro and green chilli in a blender along with 1/4 cup water and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, add cumin seeds through anistar and saute for a min.
- Then add onions, saute until tender and add ginger-garlic paste and cook until raw smell disappears.
- Now add the rice, fry for a min and pour the puree along with the remaining water and salt.
- Close the lid and pressure cook the rice until the first whistle and switch off.
Serve hot with onion raita.