3/4lb Tindora (thinly sliced)
1 Yellow Onion (thinly sliced)
1 1/2 Tomato (chopped)
4 small green chillies (slit)
1/2 tbsp ginger (minced)
3 garlic pods (minced)
5-6 Curry leaves
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tbsp Chilli powder
1tbsp Coriander powder
1tsp Garam masala powder
1tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1 1/2 cups Water
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add urad dal and cumin seeds.
- Add onion and saute until tender.
- Now add curry leaves, ginger, garlic and green chillies and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Add the turmeric powder and saute for a min.
- Then add tomatoes and cook until completely mashed.
- Now add the coriander powder, chilli powder and garam masala powder along with salt and cook for another min.
- Add the tindora, mix well and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Pour the water, reduce the flame and cook with lid closed.
- Stir once or twice after halfway of cooking to prevent any burning at the bottom.
- Cook until tender and check salt for taste.
- Finally, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with steamed rice.