Dosa is usually prepared with soaking rice and urad dal along with fenugreek and a time consuming process, which includes grinding and fermenting overnight. After trying out variety of flour dosas, i came across this recipe of instant dosa from Trendy Relish, the mixing of besan flour caught my eyes and was beamed with the even brown color of the dosa. With no grinding and fermentation, I prepared it right-away and really enjoyed the taste with my favorite onion chutney. Maybe next time i would reduce the amount of whole wheat flour for a more crispy dosa. Well, coming on to the recipe,
1/2 cup Rice flour
1/2 cup Urad flour
1/2 cup Whole Wheat flour
1/2 cup Besan flour
2 1/4 Water
1/4tsp Black pepper powder
- In a big bowl, mix together all the flours along with salt and pepper powder.
- Then pour the water, mix well and prepare a lump-free batter.
- Heat the griddle/tawa, pour one ladle full of batter and make round shapes, spreading evenly.
- Pour drops of oil around the dosa, while cooking. Let cook for a couple of mins, flip it and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot with onion chutney.
Yay! another sunshine award from one of my fellow blogger friend Dr.Sameena's My Culinary Creations, she has a wonderful collection of easy to cook recipes, just like her blog name says. Do stop by her space for different milkshake recipes. I love'em all.
Thanks for the award, Sameena.