Stir-fried rice, what a comfy way to incorporate all the non-favorite ingredients into one tasty meal. Thats how i made my fried rice today with brown rice and veggies which when cooked separately, Senthil would have never touched it. Got to say this, sautéing garlic and dry chilli in the sesame oil, flavors the rice so well. Just with the addition of scrambled eggs and extra crushed peppers, he couldn't just stop eating it. Ah, that was easy! Lets get on to the recipe.
3/4 cup Brown Basmati Rice
1/3 cup Petite Green Peas (frozen & thawed)
1/3 cup Carrot (finely chopped)
1/2 cup Cabbage (shredded)
2 Green onions (chopped)
1 1/2tsp Garlic (minced)
3 Dry red Chilli (cut lengthwise)
3/4tsp Crushed Red Pepper
1tbsp Soy Sauce
1tbsp + 1tsp Sesame Oil
1 1/2 cups Water
- Beat the eggs with salt and ground black pepper, scramble'em in a skillet and keep aside.
- Pressure cook the brown rice in 1 1/2 cups water along with 1tsp oil and some salt.
- Fluff the rice, spread it on a plate and let cool completely.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add the dry red chilli, garlic and half of the green onions and saute for a min.
- Then add the carrot, green peas and continue to cook until half tender and half crunchy.
- Add the shredded cabbage, saute for couple of mins and then pour the soy sauce.
- After a min, add the cooled rice, increase the heat to medium-high and keep mixing gently until the rice is heated through.
- Now add the crushed pepper to the rice, followed by scrambled eggs.
- Switch off and garnish with the remaining green onions.
Serve hot and enjoy!
Hi friends happy to receive this award from my fellow blogger Roshan "Roshan's Cucina". She is a wonderful blogger with fabulous recipes. Do check her space, if you already haven't.
Thanks again, Roshan.