Kebabs are served on the skewers with small cuts of meat, seafood or made vegetarian depending on individual tastes. The traditional meat for kebab is lamb. Here, to my taste i skewered halibut fish and bell peppers. To say the truth. i bought these frozen steaks to grill it on a pan, with nice grill marks and eat it whole, but to my surprise, when i opened the package, the steaks were like rod shaped and kinda small, so i had to cut them and make kebabs. I was even more surprised with the after cooking flavor of the fish, so moist and tender. The lemon juice used for marination, unlocks the subtle flavor of the fish, but remember, if the lemon juice stays on the fish for longer time, it starts cooking the fish.
1lb Halibut steaks (frozen)
1tbsp Lemon juice
1tbsp Olive oil
1/4tsp dried Dill
Black pepper (ground)
1 medium Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Yellow onion
4 large Garlic pods
1/2tsp Zesty Blend
Metal or wooden skewers
- Wash and pat dry the fish. Cut'em into 1" cubes and keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, paprika, dill, salt and pepper.
- Marinate the fish cubes in the mixture for 10-15 mins.
- Also, cut the bell pepper and onions into the same size as fish and add olive oil, salt, pepper and the zesty blend along with garlic pods. (You can use any store-bought seasoning or just salt and pepper would be fine.)
- In a skewer (if using wooden skewers, soak'em for 20-30 mins to avoid burning), arrange the fish and veggies alternatively and keep aside.
- Heat the grill pan at medium-high and spray the oil (to prevent the fish sticking to the pan while cooking), place the skewers and hear the sizzling.
- Cook for 6-8 mins total or until fish flakes easily, turning sides with the help of tongs. (Spray more oil, if needed.)
- Transfer the kebabs to a plate and serve hot with a side of edamame and garlic bread.