Here i am with another seasoned rice recipe, very easy to make with full of flavors and a little spicy, for you to try with any of your favorite or not so favorite vegetable. The other day, i found a half cabbage in the fridge, gazing at me to pick it up, after i left it there making fried rice. And i picked it up, googled and found this awesome recipe from madhurasrecipe which was so perfect to use the cabbage and finish it off. I didn't add peanuts, and am sure it would have tasted great with a nice crunchiness in your every bite. I was uncertain whether my food critic would approve the taste or not, am saying this because, he visited the kitchen while i was cooking, he sighed and said, 'ah! cabbage' and nodded his head with a 'no' kind of gesture. To my relief, he loved it. Thank you for your wonderful recipe Madhura. As per her description, its true that you will definitely love this cabbage rice. Here goes the recipe,
3/4 Basmati Rice (cooked & cooled or leftover)
2 cups Cabbage (shredded)
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1 1/2tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Black pepper powder (optional)
1tsp Garlic (minced)
4-5 Curry leaves
1 pinch Asafoetida
1tsp Lemon juice
- Heat oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add cumin seeds, followed by garlic.
- Then add curry leaves and turmeric powder, saute for a min.
- Add the shredded cabbage along with salt, mix well, followed by the coriander and chilli powder, and cook for 3-4 mins or until tender.
- Now add the cooked leftover rice, mix gently and cook until rice is all heated through.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder and mix well.
- Switch off and garnish with chopped green onions.
Serve hot with potato chips.
Sending this dish to the event Complete My Thali (CMT) - Rice, hosted by Priya.
Complete my Thali by Jagruti.