Ahh, i felt very lazy today morning and thought of escaping from cooking. With all my laziness by the side, I somehow made sambar with brinjals and drumsticks. Then i washed some lady's finger and got comfortable on my couch and started searching for an easy recipe to put together, i googled for okra masala and end up in Manjula's kitchen, Bhindi masala. With the name, first i thought, the dish is gonna be moist, but once i gone through the recipe, i felt 'thats exactly what i am looking for'. I mean, no chopping of onions or tomatoes, just with all the masala powders, a recipe that perfectly suits my day. With a big smile, i head to my kitchen and made the dish and it tasted really good. I enjoyed the little crispy fingers with a touch of tanginess from amchur powder and it was perfect with my sambar rice. Also, if you think the okra seems more browned, you can switch off a couple mins earlier. Trust me, you'll love it. Here goes the recipe,
1/2lb Lady's finger
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1 1/2tsp Coriander powder
1tsp Red Chilli powder
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1tsp Amchur powder (dry mango powder)
1 1/2tsp Besan flour (Gram flour)
- Wash and pat fry the lady's finger and cut'em lengthwise.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- Then add the cut lady's finger, saute for a min and cook with lid closed until tender.
- Now add the coriander powder, chilli powder and turmeric powder, mix well and cook with lid closed for a couple of mins.
- Add the salt and amchur powder and saute for a min.
- Then add the gram flour and gently mix the lady's fingers and cook for a min or until browned and crispy.
Serve hot with sambar rice.