'Bread sticks at a blink of an eye', i would definitely say this because it was that easy and quick to prepare. My bad, i am out of yeast when i really wanted to have some bread, at the same time my good, i found this bread recipe from here with no-yeast. I was so much excited to try the recipe sometime soon. That evening only, i prepared some garlic hummus and refrigerated it to use it for my next day breakfast. Soon, i found a couple of our friends are visiting us that night and i thought, i would make these bread sticks as an appetizer which goes perfectly with the hummus. I served'em warm straight from the oven and am glad they liked it. Here goes the recipe.
1 1/4 cup All Purpose Flour (maida) + 1-2tbsp (for dusting)
1/2 cup + 1/2tbsp Milk
1 1/2tsp Baking powder
1 1/2tsp Sugar
1 1/2tbsp Olive oil
1/2tsp dried Oregano
1/2tsp dried Rosemary
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Then slowly pour the milk into the dry mixture and start kneading, resulting a slightly sticky dough.
- Transfer the dough on a flour-dusted surface and knead until you get a soft, non-sticky dough.
- Roll the dough into a flat, kind of a rectangular shape of equal thickness with a rolling pin.
- With a knife, cut into strips of equal widths.
- Pour the olive oil into a wide baking dish and arrange the dough strips by coating the oil on both the sides.
- Now sprinkle the oregano and rosemary mixture on the top of the dough strips.
- Bake at 450 degree F for 18 mins.(Only the bottom side of the bread would be golden brown.)
Serve warm with garlic hummus or any dip.
- If the dough is dry, feel free to add 1/2tbsp milk at a time. Also if the mixture is wet, sprinkle flour until you can handle the dough.
- You can add garlic powder or any dried herb and mix it with the flour.
- Try to serve the bread warm or it gives a chewy texture when stored for later.