1 cup Basmati Rice (cooked with salt)
1 handful Tindora (quartered lengthwise)
1/2 Yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 small Carrot (finely chopped)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
5-6 Curry leaves
3/4tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
2tsp + 1tsp Oil
- Heat 1tsp oil in a skillet, add the tindora along with salt and saute until they turn brown and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet, add mustard seeds, when it splutters, add cumin seeds, followed by carrot.
- Saute'em for a couple of mins, then add turmeric powder and continue sautéing for 3 mins.
- Add onions, give it a quick mix and saute until tender along with pinch of salt.
- Add garam masala powder, curry leaves and saute for a couple of mins.
- Then add the sautéed tindora, mix well and let cook for a min.
- Now reduce the flame and toss the cooked rice gently into the skillet and check salt for taste.
- After a couple of mins, switch off and garnish with chopped cilantro.
Serve hot with onion raita.
Sending this dish to the event 'Festive Rice' hosted by Torviewtoronto. (http://torviewtoronto.blogspot.com/)