2 cups Wheat flour
3/4 cup Water
- In a large bowl, mix in the flour and salt together, then add 1tsp oil, mix well, then pour the water and start kneading the dough with your hands.
- Add the remaining oil over the dough and knead for couple of mins. (The resulting dough should not be neither sticky nor very hard.)
- Wrap the bowl and let the dough rest for 15-20 mins.
1 medium Potato (boiled)
2 green Chilli (finely minced)
1/2 Yellow onion (finely chopped)
2tsp Cilantro (chopped)
1 1/2tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
1/4tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Cumin powder
1/2tsp Chaat masala powder
1 1/2tsp Oil
- Grate or mash the boiled potato and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add ginger-garlic paste and saute until raw smell disappears.
- Then add onions and green chilli along with salt and saute until onions are slightly brown.
- Add chilli powder, cumin powder and chaat masala powder, saute for a min, then add cilantro and cook for another min.
- Reduce the flame, add the mashed potato, mix well with the masala and cook for a min.
- Switch off, transfer the masala to a plate and let it cool.
How to roll:
- Divide the dough into equal pieces, roll each of'em in between your palms and make lemon-size balls out of it.
- Place the dough on a flat, flour-dusted surface and start flattening the dough around the edges.(Make sure its thick at the center and thin at the edges.)
- Now place 2tsp of the filling at the center and start grabbing the sides, bringing it together, seal it and twist the excess dough off.
- Now, carefully flatten the masala filled dough with a rolling pin. Also make sure its rolled evenly.
- Remove the excess flour, place it on a hot griddle and cook for a couple of mins.
- Flip it, apply ghee or butter and cook until it browns evenly on both the sides.
Transfer it to a plate and serve hot with any curry.