1/2lb Instant Rice Sevai
1/2 cup grated Coconut (frozen & thawed)
2 green chilli (cut lengthwise)
5-6 Curry leaves
1 1/2tsp Chana dal
1tsp Urad dal
1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
1tbsp +1tsp Oil
- Heat water in a pan along with 1tsp oil and salt until it comes to a boil.
- Switch off the flame and immerse the instant sevai and let cook for 2 mins with lid closed. (Just like package instructions.)
- Then drain the water in a colander and run the cooked sevai under cold water to stop further cooking.
- Now, heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add chana dal, urad dal, green chillies and curry leaves, followed by turmeric powder.
- Reduce the flame to medium- low and add grated coconut and saute for a min.
- Then add the cooked sevai, mix well and cook until its feels warm.
- Switch off, close the skillet with a lid and let stand for 5 mins to bring out the flavor.
Serve hot with chutney or kurma or keep simple like me, with little ghee and sugar.