3 cups +2tbsp All purpose flour (Maida) (latter, for dusting)
1/4 cup warm Milk
1 cup warm Water
1tsp Fast rise Yeast
1/2tsp + 2tsp Oil
3-4 Garlic pods (minced)
- In a bowl with water, add salt, sugar, milk, 1/2tsp oil and yeast, give it a good stir and let stand for 6-8 mins.
- In a large bowl, measure the all purpose flour and slowly add the yeast mixture and start kneading.
- Then apply some oil in the palm(to avoid sticking), also drizzle the remaining on the dough and keep kneading until the dough is soft and smooth.
- Wrap it up and let rest for 40 mins in a warm place for the dough to rise. (I kept it inside the oven.)
- Once the dough doubles in size, punch it with your fist and remove the air inside.
- Divide the dough into lemon-size balls and flatten it with a rolling pin on a flour-dusted surface. (Do not roll it thin. I made both plain and garlic naan.)
- Sprinkle the minced garlic on top of the dough and gently press it with the rolling pin.
- Heat the broil to high, with the rolled dough on a non-stick cookie sheet, place it on the top shelf.
- Let broil for 3 mins, flip it and broil for couple more mins or until brown spots appear.
- Remove it and drizzle ghee over the naan and place it in a container.
Serve hot with cauliflower/paneer/chicken curry.