Zucchini bread is a moist, flavorful bread with full of grated zucchini and walnuts.
2 1/2 cups + 1tbsp (for dusting) Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/2 cups Zucchini (grated)
1/2 cup Extra virgin Coconut oil
1/2 cup Yogurt plain
1 cup Milk (not shown in pic)
1 cup Splenda
1/2 cup Walnuts (dry roasted & chopped)
1 Lemon's Zest
1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1tbsp Oats (old-fashioned)
2 Loaf pans(8" x 3 3/4")
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease two loaf pans with oil and dust it with flour.
- In a bowl, with a handheld mixer, beat the eggs, milk, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon zest and sugar.
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Now mix the dry ingredients with the beaten wet ingredients.
- Fold in the grated zucchini and walnuts.
- Divide the batter and pour the filling into the greased pans and top it with oats.
- Bake for an hour and check by inserting a tooth pick and it comes out clean.
- Let cool for 30 mins on a cooling rack.
- Serve the moist loaf slathered with warm butter along with hot coffee for breakfast. It also satisfies your sweet tooth.
- You can use unsalted butter instead of coconut oil and white sugar or half white and half brown sugar instead of splenda. Also, can reduce the amount of sugar, if desired.
- Store the bread loaves in a ziploc bag(to prevent drying out) at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to a week and in freezer, for up to a month by covering the bread loves with plastic wrap or foil and place it in a freezer ziploc bag. It can be warmed in a toaster.