4 cups + 2tbsp(for dusting) All Purpose Flour (Maida)
1 1/2tsp Dry Active Yeast
1 1/2tsp Sugar
1 1/2tsp Salt
2 + 1 Eggs
1 cup Milk (Warm)
4tbsp + 1tbsp( for brushing) Unsalted Butter
- In a bowl, mix together yeast, sugar and milk. Let sit for 10 mins.
- Beat the eggs and bring the butter to room temperature.
- Now pour the eggs and butter to the yeast mixture and beat well.
- In another big bowl, add the APF, salt and make a well at the center. Then pour the egg-butter-yeast mixture and start kneading.
- Add flour if the dough is sticky. Also make sure there is no dry flour left at the sides.
- Place the dough on a flat, flour-dusted surface and start stretching and folding the dough for roughly 5-6 mins.
- Now place the dough back in the bowl, apply butter, wrap it up and let rest for 1 1/2hrs for the dough to double in size.
- Once the dough has risen, punch it with your fist to remove the air filled inside the dough.
- Re-wrap the dough and let sit for another 10 mins. Also, brush butter on the baking sheet and muffin pan, and keep aside. Beat 1 egg with 2tsp water and keep aside.
- Now, divide the dough into required sizes and start making rolls of any shape and place the rolled-shaped dough on the buttered baking sheet.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth and let rest for 30 mins for the dough to rise again.
- Preheat the oven at 425 degrees F.
- Then, brush the dough with beaten egg and bake for 16 mins.
- Once removed from the oven, brush butter on the hot bread rolls.
Serve warm with jam or jelly.
- Let cool for 25-30 mins on the rack, before storing.
- Store in a zipper bag at room temperature for up to 4 days. (Remove the air inside the bag.)