1/2lb Lady's finger (chopped)
1/2 Yellow onion (chopped)
1tbsp Lemon juice
5-6 Curry leaves
2 Green Chilli (slit)
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Chilli powder
1/4tsp Amchur powder
2tsp grated Coconut (fresh/frozen & thawed)
2 Dry red chillies (broken)
1/2tsp Urad dal
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1 pinch Asafoetida
- In a bowl, add lady's finger, turmeric powder, chilli powder, amchur powder and pour lemon juice along with salt. Mix well and let sit for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add dry red chillies, mustard seeds, when it splutters, add urad dal and asafoetida.
- Then add onions and green chilli and saute until tender.
- Add curry leaves, followed by the lady's finger and cook until they turn slightly brown.
- Reduce the flame and add grated coconut, and cook for a min.
Switch off and serve warm with sambar rice.
Sending this dish to Veggie/Fruit A Month Event hosted by Kiran and also check Priya's Event.