This is one of my husband's recipe from his bachelor days. He is very famous for his chicken dishes. One such is the chicken prepared with Shaan masala powders, other than that, the ingredients are pretty simple. He is the one who introduced me to the brand 'Shaan' and now am totally hooked with it. This dish is a big hit among our friends and family. My mom was so surprised with the taste and flavor, and even got his recipe, when she visited us. He makes it extra hot, that literally makes you feel like having a spoonful of sugar after every bite. He learnt it from his Telugu friend, now you know where the heat came from. But you can reduce the green chillies and skip the chilli powder for a little to mild heat. When i asked him, what is the dish called as? He said, it has no name. Hence the name, 'no name'. But i would like to call it as 'Curry leaf Chicken Fry', as he adds a lot of fresh curry leaves at the end and gotta say this, the aroma fills the whole kitchen. He is really a curry leaf fanatic. Did i bore you with so much of details? Alright, today i was his helper and photographer. And here comes the extra hot recipe,
1 1/2lb Chicken breast fillet (boneless & skinless)
1 1/2 medium Yellow Onion (chopped)
1 big Green bell pepper (small dice)
6 small Green Chilli (minced)
1 1/2tsp Ginger (minced)
1tsp Garlic (minced)
24 Curry leaves (to be exact)
1/2tsp Turmeric powder
1/2tsp Red Chilli powder
2tbsp Shaan Chicken Curry powder
1tbsp Shaan Tandoori Chicken powder
1tsp Black pepper corns (optional)
1 Black Cardamom (optional)
4-5 small Cloves
2 Cinnamon stick (1")
1tbsp Yogurt (plain)
1tbsp + 2tsp Oil
- Marinate the chicken with yogurt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, shaan powders, peppercorns, black cardamom, 2tsp oil and salt. Let rest for 30 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add cinnamon, cloves, followed by onions along with salt.
- Saute'em until tender, then add ginger and garlic, continue sautéing until raw smell disappears.
- Then add bell pepper and saute for 4-5 mins, followed by green chillies.
- After a couple more mins, add the marinated chicken, mix well and cook until chicken is tender and the masala is cooked.
- Check salt for taste and add curry leaves and saute for 3-4 mins.
Switch off and serve hot with steamed rice, chapathi or naan.