'Muffin in a mug' sounds really fun and cool. This muffin will be ready to eat in just 2 mins (including the prep time). I found this recipe from the Dr Oz's show, under the session "jumpstart your day'. I tried this today morning and it tasted really good. It rises up like a soufflé and sinks down a bit, once taken out of the oven. The texture was very soft and light. I ate the whole muffin and the protein and fiber kept me full and satisfied for more than 3 hrs now. The original recipe calls for 1 packet of stevia and 2tsp Cinnamon powder, but i replaced stevia with sugar as i did not have it handy. And the actual sugar substitution is, 1 packet stevia=2tsp of Sugar. This will be a perfect healthy on-the-go breakfast.
1/4 cup Flax meal (Ground Flaxseed)
1tsp Cinnamon powder
1tsp Baking powder
1 1/2tsp Sugar
1tsp Coconut oil (Organic Extra Virgin)
- Pour the coconut oil into the mug, followed by the flax meal, cinnamon powder, baking powder and sugar. Mix well.
- Now break the egg, add it to the mixture and beat with a fork.
- Microwave for 55 seconds.
- With a knife gently loosen the edges and transfer it to a plate.
- Serve warm as breakfast to jumpstart your day.