Who doesn't love a warm toasty and buttered homemade bread for their breakfast? This is a soft, light and healthy sandwich bread rich in omega-3 fatty acids. I found this recipe from here. The flax seed has high levels of dietary fiber and helps in lowering cholesterol. Also, flax-seed needs to be ground to make the nutrients available, otherwise they just 'pass through', so make sure you grind your own flax-seed or buy pre-ground flax-seed meal to make the best out of it. And here goes the recipe,
2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1 cup All Purpose flour (Maida) + more, for dusting
1 cup Flax seed meal
1tbsp Active Dry Yeast
1 3/4 cups Warm Water
1tbsp Canola oil
- Grease a 9x5 loaf pan with oil and keep it aside.
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and let sit for 5 mins or until foamy.
- To the yeast, add sugar, oil and salt followed by flax-seed meal.
- Then add the whole wheat flour, one cup at a time, mix well.
- Now add the all purpose flour and start kneading with your hands.
- Transfer the dough onto a flat floured surface and knead it for 15 mins.
- In a big bowl, spray oil and place the kneaded dough, wrap it with a kitchen towel and let sit in a warm place for 1 1/2hrs or until the dough is doubled in size.
- Then punch the dough and transfer the dough to the loaf pan. (Press the dough down to fit the pan.)
- Let the dough sit for another 1/2hr or until it rises to 1 1/2 inches above the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake it for 45 mins.
- Let sit for 10 mins before you transfer the bread loaf onto the cooling rack.
- Bring the loaf to room temperature before you slice'em.
- To serve, toast the bread, smother it with some almond butter and devour'em.
- To store, wrap the loaf completely with plastic wrap, place it in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate it.