Highly rich in protein, this moong dal dosa would be the perfect breakfast any day. A couple of these dosas keeps you full and satisfied until noon. If you don't like onions, add some grated carrot or zucchini or beets and make it fun and colorful. Researchers say, foods rich in protein should make your breakfast plate. So, ditch your regular rice dosas/idlies and start your day including more dals and eggs. Here goes the recipe,
1 cup Whole Green Moong dal
1/2 Yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 piece Ginger
2 small Garlic
4 Green chilli (chopped)
1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
1 pinch Asafoetida
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
- Soak the gram dal overnight or at least for 6hrs. Drain'em and keep it aside.
- Grind the dal along with ginger, garlic, green chilli, cilantro, asafoetida, cumin seeds and salt, in a blender/mixie to a smooth dosa like batter, adding some water.
- Now heat a griddle or dosa tawa, pour a ladleful of batter and swirl like you would for dosa, sprinkle some onions over the batter and pour drops of oil around the edges and on top.
- Cook for couple of mins or until golden brown, flip and cook the other side.
- Serve hot with any chutney or sambar.