Fries are one of the addictive finger foods, nobody can stop just eating one. These baked ones taste better than the fried ones with extra crispiness. You can taste the sweetness from the potato and little heat from the spicy seasonings at the same time. Also these sweet potato fries are a great healthy snack option, as they are rich in dietary fiber, vitamin A and C. The dip is made from Greek yogurt and other dried herbs and seasonings. The regular yogurt is strained to remove the whey, that results in thick and creamy textured Greek Yogurt. That is why it is higher in protein and low in carbohydrates and sugar.
These are super easy to prepare and makes a great pair. So dump the fast food restaurant's deep fried french fries and opt for endless baked fries at home. And here goes the recipe,
Baked Spicy Sweet Potato Fries
1 Sweet Potato
1tbsp Garlic Olive Oil
1/4tsp Cayenne Pepper
1/2tsp Cumin powder
Garlic Salt, to taste
Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and keep it aside.
- Cut the sweet potato into strips with 1/2 inch thickness. (wash and dry completely before cutting'em, otherwise it might end up soggy.)
- In a bowl, to the sweet potato strips, add all the remaining ingredients and give it a good mix. (You can replace or leave out any of the seasonings, if you don't want to use the listed ingredients.)
- Now arrange the potato strips on the baking sheet without touching each other and bake'em for 15 mins, flip and bake for another 10 mins or until crispy.
- Serve hot with a dip as a snack or an appetizer.
Garlicky Lemon Yogurt Dip
5.3oz Greek Yogurt
2 Garlic cloves (minced)
1tsp Lemon Juice
1/2tsp dried Parsley flakes
1/4tsp Season salt (it has salt, paprika, celery, turmeric and black pepper)
1/4tsp Cumin powder
Ground Black pepper, to taste
- Mix everything together and make it smooth. Check salt for taste and add fresh herbs if you have it handy.
- Serve alongside fries or baby carrots.