After a few lazy days, you know with all the diwali sweets and fried snacks, just ate and slept and forced myself back into my diet. What else could i blame my laziness on, ah! the weather, its getting colder everyday and the rain puts me into sleep and makes me cuddle inside my throw. Now and then i walk a few miles inside the mall, hehe. Its fun, right?
Well, to talk about the chutney, its everything about the tomatoes. Choose juicy, red and blemish-free tomatoes, cook and grind to your desired texture and savor every bite by dipping your favorite idli/dosa/chapathi.
4 Roma Tomatoes (chopped)
7 Green Chillies (chopped)
1 1/2tsp Ginger (chopped)
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
2 Bay leaves
1 pinch Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a skillet, add asafoetida, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, bay leaves, turmeric powder and paprika.
- Then add the tomatoes, followed by green chillies and ginger along with salt and sugar.
- Stir and cook with lid closed for 6-8 mins at a medium heat.
- Switch off when the tomatoes are completely cooked and garnish with cilantro.
- Serve the chutney as it is or you can grind coarsely and serve warm with dosa/idli.