Halwa is famous all over the world, usually made with flour, oil and sugar. But, this badam halwa is made with ground almonds infused with saffron, drizzled with ghee and sweetened with sugar. So rich, spongy and soft, this halwa dissolves in your mouth and is one of my favorite sweet because i love almonds and snack on a handful of these nuts often. If you haven't had the habit of munching almonds, try to start today, it makes you feel fuller and very good for your health. The good news is, it lowers the LDL cholesterol and reduce the risk of heart disease. GO NUTS!
3 cups raw Almonds
1 1/2 cup Sugar
1 1/2 cup Splenda
2 cups Milk
2tbsp + 2tbsp Ghee
1 pinch Saffron strands
1/2tsp Cardamom extract
Food Color (optional)
- Drizzle ghee on a pan or a plate, just enough to coat it and keep aside.
- Soak the almonds for 2-3 hrs and then peel off the skin.
- Grind the peeled almonds along with milk and prepare a coarse paste (not very fine).
- Heat 2tbsp ghee in a non-stick skillet, add the ground almond, stir well, add the sugar and splenda. (you can replace splenda with sugar)
- Keep stirring continuously with a wooden spoon and add the remaining ghee.
- When the mixture starts to cook, add the saffron strands and the food color and keep stirring.
- After sometime, the ghee starts oozing out of the mixture and it doesn't stick to the skillet anymore.
- Switch off and transfer the halwa into the ghee coated plate and let set.
- Cut into desired size and enjoy.
Sending this sweet to the event Diwali Sweets and Snacks hosted by Lavi
Hi Selva Priya, Thanks for trying my recipe and happy to post your 'Almond halwa' picture here. Halwa looks gorgeous and like your almond face decoration on it.