'Pizza', mmm can't stop gobbling just one slice. Thats exactly what happened yesterday night. It was my first time baking pizza and i was very much worried that i just sat in-front of the oven for 2o mins. Senthil came home and said ' i smell Papa johns here'. I was happily grinning that, you could see all my teeth. With a few more mins of baking, i took the pizza out of the oven and can't wait to slice it up. Senthil was standing near me ready with his plate. I sliced the pizza and turned back to pick my camera, and i saw a slice already in his mouth. He gave me thumbs up and said, that i had nailed it. Of course, those were the words i was waiting to hear from him. Yay! and i did. And boom, it was a power cut. Both of us were laughing, looking at each other's mouth as we were ravening the slices. Stomach was full, but mouth was still hungry. I hope you too will enjoy this pizza. Check out the recipe and here it goes,
For the dough:
3 cups APF (Maida)
1 packet Active Dry Yeast
1 cup Warm Water
1 1/2tsp Sugar
2tbsp Olive oil
- Dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water and let sit for 10 mins, until foamy on top.
- In another big bowl, add the flour, salt, olive oil and the yeast mixture.
- Transfer to a lightly floured surface and start kneading for 5-6 mins or until dough is smooth.
- Coat oil in a bowl, place the dough, wrap it with a cloth and let sit for 2 hours.
- Once the dough doubles in size, punch down the air, knead for a min, divide the dough and let sit for another 20 mins.
4 Roma Tomatoes
1/2 small Green Bell pepper
1 1/2tsp Garlic (minced)
1/2tsp dried Basil
1tbsp Olive oil
- Blanch the tomatoes and peel off the skin.
- Puree 2 tomatoes and chop the other 2 tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add garlic and saute for a min, followed by bell pepper.
- After a min add the chopped and pureed tomatoes and cook with lid closed for 12-15 mins in a medium flame.
- Add salt and the dried herbs and cook until it reaches right consistency. (Not too watery)
- Switch off and keep aside.
Rolling and Baking:
Glass Baking dish
Green Bell pepper (cut lengthwise)
Sun-dried Tomatoes (chopped)
- Preheat oven at 425 degrees.
- Transfer one-half dough onto a floured surface and roll it with a rolling pin.
- Coat the baking dish with olive oil, place the rolled dough and coat the dough also with olive oil.
- Then apply tomato sauce over the dough leaving 1" gap at the side.
- Top it with your favorite veggies or meat, and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on it and bake for 20 mins or until the dough turns golden brown.
- Let cool for 10 mins on a cooling rack and slice it up.
Serve warm with your favorite sauce and crushed red peppers.