A rich, moist and chocolatey dessert mixed with walnuts that is perfect for a chocolate lover. The texture of the brownie is like a cross between cake and cookie. This shiny and cracked top of the brownie shows that you baked it just right. You can achieve the chewiness by letting the brownie cool completely before slicing. A fool proof dessert that will be hit for sure. Here goes the recipe,
1 3/4 cups All Purpose flour
2 cups granulated White Sugar
1 cup Walnuts
1/3 cup Dutch-processed Cocoa
2 oz 60% Ghiradelli Bittersweet Chocolate (finely chopped)
1 1/2 tsp Instant Espresso
4 tbsp Unsalted Butter (melted)
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Vegetable/Canola Oil
2 large Whole Eggs
2 large Egg yolks
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp Boiling water
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
3/4 tsp Salt
- Spread the walnuts in a sheet pan and roast'em for 6-8 mins in a 350 degree oven. Let it cool, chop and keep aside.
- Place oven rack to the lowest position and preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fit aluminum foil into a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan by pushing it into the corners and up sides if the pan, allowing excess foil to hang on the sides.
- Sift together the flour and salt and keep aside.
- In a large bowl with boiling water, whisk the cocoa powder and espresso until smooth.
- Add the unsweetened chocolate and whisk until its completely melted.
- Whisk in butter and oil, followed by eggs, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth.
- Whisk in sugar until fully incorporated.
- Mix the flour and salt with a rubber spatula until well combined and fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Scrape the batter into the foiled baking dish and bake for 30-32 mins.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 10 mins, then remove it from the pan to avoid over baking.
- Let cool for 1 hr before slicing into any desired size.
- Store in a airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.