An irresistible one pot meal which is rich in protein and a lot of flavors is ready to dig in. Cooking with sesame oil really brings out the flavor just like the fried rice at the chinese restaurant. You can also add crushed chili flakes along with the chilli garlic sauce to increase the heat level. There are a countless way to prepare this fried rice. So, try this recipe with your twist on it and have fun cooking.
3/4 cup Basmati Rice
14oz Firm Tofu
3/4 cup Cabbage (shredded)
1/2 Green Bell pepper (thinly sliced)
1 medium Carrot (sliced diagonally)
2tsp Garlic (minced)
1 Green onion (chopped)
1tbsp +1tbsp Light Soy sauce
2tsp Chilli Garlic sauce (Homemade)
1tbsp Sesame oil
Chilli Garlic Sauce
5 Dried Red chilies
1/2 cup Hot water
1 1/2tsp Garlic (minced)
2tbsp White Vinegar
1tbsp Sesame Oil
- Break the dried red chilies and soak'em in hot water for 20 mins to soften.
- Then drain the water and grind the chilies in a mixie/blender.
- Now add garlic, sugar, salt and white vinegar and grind'em coarsely, and transfer'em to a bowl.
- Heat the sesame oil in a skillet until it starts to smoke and pour the oil over the ground chilli garlic sauce.
- Mix well and serve the hot sauce as a side or over the fried rice.
How to(Fried rice):
- Pressure cook the basmati rice, fluff it with a fork and keep it aside.
- Cut the tofu blocks into 8-10 squares and drizzle 1tbsp soy sauce and let'em soak for 10-15 mins.
- Heat 1tsp of oil in a wide skillet and sear the tofu squares to golden brown.
- Heat the sesame oil in the same skillet, add the minced garlic and saute for a min.
- Add the carrot, saute for a couple of mins and then add the bell pepper and cabbage along with some salt.
- After another couple of mins, push the veggies to the side and break the eggs. (I added 1 whole egg and 1 egg white.)
- Scramble the eggs, then add the seared tofu and cooked rice together. Mix well.
- Slightly increase the flame, pour the remaining soy sauce and the homemade chili garlic sauce over the rice and give it a good mix.
- Check salt for taste and cook until rice is heated through.
- Switch off and sprinkle the chopped green onions.
- Serve hot with more hot sauce as a side.