I know, 'Instant' sounds always good. No soaking, no grinding and no fermenting, totally free from all these time consuming process. This is such a dosa where you can whip up the batter with a few ingredients already available from your pantry. This savory dosa had a great crunch from the spring onions and a spicy kick from the green chilies. You can also add grated carrot or zucchini and make it more colorful and healthy. And here goes the recipe,
1 cup Besan flour
2tbsp Sooji (Rava)
1tbsp Rice flour
1/4tsp Turmeric powder
1/4tsp Ajwain seeds
1 pinch Baking soda
1/4 cup plain Yogurt
1 cup Water
1tsp minced Ginger
2 small Green chilli (minced)
3 stalks Spring Onion/Green Onion (finely chopped)
1tbsp Cilantro (chopped)
- In a big bowl, mix together the dry ingredients: besan, sooji, rice flour, turmeric powder, ajwain and salt.
- Add yogurt and water and whisk well to form a lump-free batter.
- Now add the green chilli, ginger, cilantro and spring onions, and mix'em well.
- Let the batter sit for 15-20 mins. Add baking soda just before using the batter.
- Apply oil on a hot tawa/griddle, pour a ladle full of batter and spread it out.
- Cook for 2-3 mins or until evenly browned and flip the dosa.
- Continue cooking for another couple of mins and serve hot with chutney or sambar.