Wake the sense of smell and taste and spice up your morning by swapping the daily toast to this simple savory bread upma. Turn your dry bread pieces into soft and spicy bites. This is a dish you can make in a snap as it takes hardly 10 mins of your time and its guaranteed that the plate is gonna be emptied once served. Here goes the recipe and have a great morning.
4-5 Whole wheat bread (1" pieces)
1/2 medium Yellow onion (finely chopped)
1 Roma tomato (finely chopped)
4-5 Curry leaves
3 dry red chilli (broken)
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
1/2tsp Mustard seeds
1/2tsp Urad dal
1 pinch Asafoetida
- Heat oil in a skillet, add the mustard seeds, dry red chilli, urad dal and asafoetida.
- Then add onions and curry leaves along with some salt, followed by turmeric powder and saute until tender.
- Now add the tomatoes and cook until its completely mashed up.
- Add the sliced bread pieces and mix well to coat the bread with the mixture.
- Saute for 2 -3 mins, switch off and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.