Well, its another way to add some healthy crunch to your diet. Chickpeas are a great source of protein and fiber. These roasted chickpeas are pretty addictive and keeps your bag of potato chips at bay. It is a great on-the-go snack and you can munch anytime guilt-free. What more to say, snack on it and you will love it just like i did. Here goes the recipe,
1 1/2 cups Chickpeas/Garbanzo beans (soaked)
1/2tbsp Olive Oil
1/2tsp or less Chilli powder
- Pressure cook the soaked chickpeas for 2-3 whistles. (Alternatively, you can use canned garbanzo beans. Make sure you rinse thoroughly and pat dry.)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lay the chickpeas over a paper towel and dry'em completely.
- Place them on a baking sheet and add the oil, chilli powder and salt.
- Mix'em with your hands and make sure they aren't crowded.
- Bake for 45 mins, until crispy.
- Let it cool on the sheet before storing it.
- Serve as a evening snack with tea or coffee.