Ah! what a comfortable way to make one pot meal that too with your favorite 'paneer'. I had the paneer out from my fridge and was checking for other ingredients to make something quick and tasty. As i was browsing through various paneer recipes, i came across Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes Carrot and Paneer Fried Rice. Thanks for the fantastic recipe, Priya. I loved the combination of carrot and paneer, as carrot gives nice color and paneer gives a meaty texture to your every bite. Once you add paneer, the grated carrot sticks to it and gives a beautiful roasted color and feel. Also, i added some extra chilli powder and pepper powder to make it hot. Give it a try and am sure you will love it, like we did.
3/4 cup Basmati Rice
3/4 cup Carrot (grated)
3/4 cup Paneer (diced)
1/2 Yellow Onion (diced)
2 Green Chilli (slit)
5-6 Curry leaves
1tsp Chilli powder
1/2tsp Cumin powder
1/2tsp Garam masala powder
1/2tsp Fennel seeds
1/2tsp Cumin seeds
1 Cinnamon stick (1/2")
1tbsp + 1tsp Oil
Ground black pepper, to taste
- Pressure cook the basmati rice with 1tsp oil and salt. Fluff it and keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet, add the cumin seeds, fennel seeds, cloves and cinnamon.
- Add the onions and saute until tender.
- Then add the grated carrot, curry leaves and green chilli and saute for 4-5 mins in a medium flame along with some salt.
- Now add the paneer and mix gently. (Careful not to break'em.)
- Add the chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder, and saute for 4 mins. Check salt for taste. (Also, remember there is some salt in the rice.)
- Toss the cooked basmati rice and mix well, followed by ground black pepper to taste.
- Finally switch off and garnish with cilantro.
Serve hot with chilli sauce or potato chips.